Outcast Rebel Brigade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Can u lockpick lockboxes?
Just want to get an idea from everyone EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 6:26 pm by Guest

» New Website
Just want to get an idea from everyone EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:19 pm by 0m3ga13

» I got another idea lol.
Just want to get an idea from everyone EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 2:24 pm by Guest

» Big enough roof doors to fly heli in? That would be sweet!!!!
Just want to get an idea from everyone EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 9:41 pm by Guest

» Just want to get an idea from everyone
Just want to get an idea from everyone EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Guest

» Bug, exploit, or just a game mechanic?
Just want to get an idea from everyone EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 5:35 am by Guest

» update today for arma 3 screwed me on joining server =( Swizzz down!
Just want to get an idea from everyone EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 4:49 pm by Guest

» 1.40 update for Arma 3
Just want to get an idea from everyone EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 2:06 pm by 0m3ga13

» Where ORB came from.
Just want to get an idea from everyone EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:12 am by 0m3ga13

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

Just want to get an idea from everyone

0m3ga13
    0m3ga13
    Owner
    Owner

Just want to get an idea from everyone Empty Just want to get an idea from everyone

Post by 0m3ga13 Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:35 pm

So, been just wanting to know, from everyone that plays on our server or have and people that are part of ORB, what kind of server do we want and why? So either PVE or PVP, or PVP with PVE.

For me, at first I loved PVE, but over time it gets boring, PVP with a good group just makes it a little more enjoyable, never knowing when your gonna get killed, not knowing if someone is waiting for you while your looting, things that ai cant bring to the table for me so to speak. When you look at the number as of now PVP vs PVE , where are the numbers at? Mostly PVP servers and they run strong.We can't go against servers like CCG, and I wouldn't think we would try, so that is where we have to be different, offer something new, something people want to play on, something that would bring them back.  

PVE just isn't ready and fully functional at the moment for missions and ai running about or zombies, it's lacking a lot.  If we could keep missions going either two at a time or run them more frequent and have roaming ai, and have some PVP allowed somewhere I think it could be interesting, as there is a lot more players for PVP, and yes to make things clear I want quality players over quantity, but getting no players don't help. It's just my thoughts and I hope more will comment on this, so we can get a good read here and hear what everyone has to say. Because ideas never hurt to be heard.

Just want to get an idea from everyone Empty Re: Just want to get an idea from everyone

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Im for pvp. There is only somemuch you can do in a pve server no matter how much you add. Where as pvp something new happens everytime you play

Just want to get an idea from everyone Empty Re: Just want to get an idea from everyone

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:33 pm

I would like to see a PVE server with a missions and roaming AI and a true challenge without PVP needed. Being that Epoch is still in its infancy I am not against PVP as long as there is some deterrent from kill on sight. In order for a game to be fun for me it must pose an intellectual challenge. Strategy and team work I have found to be the most enjoyable elements. as far as map goes i do not have a preference one way or the other, they each have their qualities.
    cochrandc748
    Members of ORB
    Members of ORB

Post by cochrandc748 Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:59 pm

Im with Shamis on this one. While its fun from time to time to go PVP, I have seen to many of those ervers turn into nothing but slaughter fests. You don't see teamwork nor do you see anyone becoming friends and getting to know each other. I think it takes away from the survivability aspect of Epoch if everyone is kill on sight. What we do need is a PVE environment that offers challenges such as the roaming AI we have seen in other servers. Between that and missions, people will be forced to team up and plan there trips into town carefully.With the addition of loot spawner and us adding MAS weapons , it would definitely bring back a lot of the Dayz feel that we all are accustomed to. just my two cents.
    0m3ga13
    0m3ga13
    Owner
    Owner

Post by 0m3ga13 Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:02 pm

Unfortunately until roaming ai become something we can do, or adding zombies that work I see us staying as is with PVE. There is not many server out there epoch wise doing well with PVE, so PVP for now might be the way we have to go leaving in PVE, such as building bases and having missions should keep it fun for everyone. Keep the rule set at no destroying bases and no camping it. I remember we made some friends though PVP on the hospital, people will group and through that we might be able to make more friends or members along the way. Just straight PVE I dont see going far in epoch, maybe when more things become available to us we could make some interesting rules to our server or introduce something new to people but until then I think we need to abandon straight PVE.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:02 am

Hey guys, we are relatively new to the server, but I am liking it so far. In all honesty, PVP seems to be the best course of action. We were playing on a PVE server, and while there was a lot to do, the server couldn't handle all of the addons. We would get bogged down to 4 fps at missions and lose everything. It wasn't worth the hassle with all the different AI interactions, when you can get the same thing from a PVP server. You guys found a nice balance of missions and AI interaction.
    0m3ga13
    0m3ga13
    Owner
    Owner

Post by 0m3ga13 Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Thank you Wulf, we appreciate it and hope you enjoy yourself on our server

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:24 pm

I like the Pvp with Pve but the ai just isn't ready. so as of right now i have to vote for PvP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content